Lesson 1.1- Use Pictures to Add to
- Objective: to use pictures to "add to" and find sums.
- Vocabulary words for this lesson are:
- add to
- Objective: to use concrete objects to solve "adding to" addition problems.
- addition sentence
- is equal to =
- plus +
Lesson 1.3- Model Putting Together
- Objective: Use concrete objects to solve "putting together" addition problems.
Lesson 1.4- Model Addition
- Objective: Solve adding to and putting together situations using the strategy make a model.
Lesson 1.5- Add Zero
- Objective: Understand and apply the Additive Identity Property for Addition.
Lesson 1.6- Add in Any Order
- Objective: Explore the Commutative Property for Addition.
- Objective: Model and record all the ways to put together numbers within 10.
Lesson 1.8- Addition to 10
- Objective: Build fluency for addition within 10.
- Lesson 8 Video
Free Apps for Chapter 1 to try:
- 1st Grade Math: Splash Math
- Counting and Addition
- Numbers, Addition and Subtraction!
- First & Second Grade Math Challenge- Barnyard Edition